Experienced IT Operations Engineer with an over ten-year history in the tech space. Expansive background in Linux, Accessibility, Remote Solutions, Program Management, Customer Support/Experience, Training Creation/Facilitation, and Mentorship.
- Gainesville, FL
Corporate Operations Engineer, Google (12/2016 - Present)
- Support Team subject matter expert and global escalation point for Linux and Accessibility-related issues.
- Created and maintained globally utilized tools.
- Created and maintained globally utilized training and documentation.
- Developed and deployed Linux Support and Accessibility improvements.
- Advocated for Accessibility documentation, training, and tooling improvements within Google’s internal support space.
- Developed and led multiple internal Linux platform and Linux Professional Institute Certification training.
- Led the formation of a support escalation and advocacy team for Accessibility.
- Mentored and assisted with training new teammates.
- Assisted with FDOBs for new offices.
- Advocated for and led global morale and well-being improvement projects and initiatives.
Corporate Engineering Support Technician, Google (01/2015 - 12/2016)
- Provided global remote support for all major operating systems including Linux, MacOS, Windows, Chrome OS, Android, and iOS.
- Worked with managers and service owners to implement procedural and program-level changes.
- Organized team-building events.
IT Specialist, UF Health (04/2010 - 05/2014)
- Provided hardware, software, mobile, and network assistance for faculty, staff, and students.
- Securely disposed of storage media per HIPAA guidelines.
- Managed machines in Microsoft Active Directory / Group Policy.
- Maintained an up-to-date registry of machines in the IP Administration and Management System (IPAM).
- Liaised with hardware and software companies for additional troubleshooting, repairs, and exchanges.
- Assisted with college-wide migration from Windows XP to Windows 7.
OS: Linux, MacOS, Windows, ChromeOS, iOS, Android/Android-Based
Additional Skills and Experience: Google Apps Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Open/Libre Office Suite, Bash/Shell Scripting, Python Scripting, Network Support, Active Directory, iLife Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, Assistive Technologies
Santa Fe College (2012 - 2013)
- Independent Study: SQL, HTML5, C++, Objective-C and iOS App Development
University of Florida (2007 - 2010)
- BA Religions Studies, Minor: Japanese
Broward College (2004 - 2007)
- AA General Studies & Humanities